Current Job Openings:
Submit your resume to email@example.com
Recreational Therapists –
3 full time positions at Kern Valley State Prison in Delano
3 full time positions at California Substance Abuse Facility in Salinas
1 full time position at in Wasco, CA – (This position would be for 4 days a week at 10 hour days; Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday depending on scheduling).
These are contract position with HSN, Inc to work at the prison facilities. These are 6 – month assignment that could go longer.
Hours: 40 Hours/Wk Bi-Monthly Pay – Direct Deposit
(1) Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in recreation therapy or in recreation and leisure studies with a specialization in recreation therapy.
(2) Current certification as a recreation therapist by the California Board of Recreation and Park Certification or the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, Inc.
1. Theory and practice of mental and physical rehabilitation of mentally, physically and developmentally disabled persons.
2. Therapeutic principles and techniques of group and individual activities used in recreation therapy, and skill in their application.
3. Various types of recreation and entertainment activities and providing leadership of these activities.
4. Basic pathology of diseases and disabilities resulting in psychological, physical or organic conditions of the patient.
1. Provide leadership of various types of recreation and entertainment activities.
2. Interpret recreation therapy activities to staff, health care providers, patients, and others.
3. Teach others basic activity skills.
4. Prepare reports and records to be included in medical files.
5. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative interrelationship with individuals and groups.
A Recreation Therapist, Correctional Facility, under general direction, in a State correctional facility, leads, instructs, and encourages inmate patients in a program of individual and group activities of a physical, social, and cultural nature such as indoor and outdoor games and sports, dance, parties, dramatics, and special interest clubs; supervises entertainments and movies and assists in planning programs for special occasions; with the therapeutic team, plans treatment goals for specific patients; Assists in coordinating recreation therapy with other therapeutic programs; as assigned, coordinates the activities program of a group of patients including simple crafts, games, social and musical activities, and instructs unit personnel in basic activity skills. Observes patients’ reactions and progress and records clinical notes to be included in medical files and prepares reports; Orders supplies and equipment and cares for equipment and facilities; Maintains order and supervises the conduct of persons committed to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation; prevents escapes and injury by these persons to themselves, other or to property
Please submit your resume for consideration for future positions to firstname.lastname@example.org We constantly hire all over the state of California.
*Must have one year on the job experience.
Licenses and Certifications
Must be current in all licenses and certifications.
There is a full background check before start of employment.
Physical and TB test must be completed before start of employment.